In a city as beautiful as Sydney, it is only natural to want to visit a rooftop bar. Luckily there are hundreds to choose from. So if you are angling for a night of cocktails, champagnes, wines and delicious gastronomy with an epic view, here are some of the best rooftop bars right across Sydney to visit. No matter what part of Sydney you live in, there’s literally something here for everyone. If you’re in the centre of Sydney looking for some after work drinks, also check out our guide to the best rooftop bars in the Sydney CBD.
Located in Darlinghurst, on top of Hyde Park House, Slims Rooftop offers sensational, uninterrupted views across Hyde Park.
Aside from the views, which are accentuated by the westerly sunset, the cocktails here are a major drawcard.
Sitting alongside all the usual suspects like Margaritas, Aperol spritz, Bloody Mary and Espresso Martinis are other inventive concoctions like the Million Dollar Mermaid – a mix of Ketel One Vodka, lychee liqueur, Blue Curacao, lychee juice and lime, that will blow your mind.
The craft beers are exceptional too, while the food menu features contemporary Asian fusion style ‘izakaya’ share plates, that you won’t want to share!
Nestled on the edge of the CBD, this is a wonderful place to unwind after the completion of your working day.
- Address: 47-49 William St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Website: https://www.hydeparkhouse.com/slims-rooftop
A couple of years ago the Royal Hotel in Paddington underwent a major refurbishment.
Included within this was the rooftop Elephant Bar and Dining, which still seems to have been kept somewhat under wraps.
Perhaps not for much longer though because this stunning space is steadily developing a reputation for being the place to go for after work drinks.
Its terrific views of the city provide an excellent backdrop in which to watch the sunset with a cocktail or champagne in hand. Whilst the coastal themed décor, complete with animal prints, creates a relaxed ambiance in which to view it.
The bar also has a retractable roof, which makes this destination an all year venue, and a Mediterranean inspired food venue with a terrific assortment of light bites.
- Address: 237 Glenmore Rd, Paddington NSW 2021
- Website: https://theglenmore.com.au
- Phone: (02) 9395 5151
Craft beers are very much in vogue at the moment in Sydney, and Elm, the rooftop bar at Taphouse, in Darlinghurst, is a great place to try some.
An open-air, all weather joint that offers superb views of the surrounding area, the bar presents 20 craft beers on tap – with a focus on ales and porters – from around the world. They also have a range of outstanding cocktails too.
Their food menu can be described as ‘upmarket pub’ and features the likes of andouille sausages, smoked brisket and chicken wings. While the atmosphere is always blessed with intoxicating laid-back vibes.
- Also Known As: Elm Rooftop Bar
- Address: 122 Flinders St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Website: https://www.taphousedarlo.com.au
- Phone: (02) 8317 3061
The Forgotten Cask
One of the coolest rooftop bars in town can be found on top of the Cauliflower Hotel.
While a congenial pub lies on the floors beneath it, The Forgotten Cask is a rooftop rum bar that will transport you straight to the West Indies.
Replete with appropriate palm trees and tropical décor, this place is a haven for those who love rum, as they offer over 100 labels from around the world.
In keeping with the theme, each of their cocktails is named after an infamous pirate, including the Red Beard and the William Kidd.
The food menu is suitably Caribbean too, with classics like jerk chicken wings, spiced barramundi tacos and cauliflower curry all being available.
- Address: 123 Botany Rd, Waterloo NSW 2017
- Website: http://www.theforgottencask.com.au
- Phone: (02) 9698 3024
Nick & Nora’s
Nick and Nora’s is a legendary rooftop bar in Parramatta.
Perched 26 stories up in the SKYE Suites Parramatta, Nick and Nora’s is an opulent Art Deco rooftop that showcases awesome 270-degree views that spread from the Blue Mountains on one side of the horizon to the Harbour Bridge on the other.
Inspired by Nick and Nora Charles, the fictional murder-solving duo from the 1930s detective story ‘The Thin Man’, this venue boasts over 900 spirits and 50 different types of champagne.
It also presents flamboyant cocktails made with liquid nitrogen – many of which take their name from original characters like ‘The Femme Fatal’ and ‘The Snitch’.
Radiating a decadent post-prohibition vibe, the food menu includes a range of charcuterie items like oysters, gin-infused olives and tequila-compressed watermelon, as well as a variety of exceptional imported cheeses and cured meats.
They even have a selection of high quality Cuban cigars, for those wanting to channel their inner Fidel Castro.
- Address: Level 26/45 Macquarie St, Parramatta NSW 2150
- Website: http://nickandnoras.com.au
- Phone: (02) 8646 4930
Potts Point Hotel
- Also Known As: Sweethearts Rooftop
- Address: Level 3/33-35 Darlinghurst Rd, Potts Point NSW 2011
- Phone: (02) 9157 1957
- Address: 123 Victoria St, Potts Point NSW 2011
- Phone: (02) 8354 0742
Kings Cross Hotel
- Address: 244-248 William St, Potts Point NSW 2011
- Phone: (02) 9331 9900
- Address: level 2/122 Flinders St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Phone: (02) 9159 9843
- Address: 234 Palmer St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Phone: 0431 622 944
- Address: Level 1/133 Oxford St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Lord Roberts Hotel
- Address: 64 Stanley St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Phone: (02) 9331 1326
The Colombian Hotel
- Address: 117/125 Oxford St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
- Phone: (02) 9360 2151
- Address: 324 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Phone: (02) 9211 3462
Strawberry Hills Hotel
- Address: 453 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Phone: (02) 9699 3355
Keg & Brew
- Address: 26 Foveaux St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Phone: (02) 9212 1740
White Horse Hotel
- Address: 381 Crown St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Phone: 0421 490 023
- Address: 52 Devonshire St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Phone: (02) 9211 1612
Royal Exhibition Hotel
- Address: 86-88 Chalmers St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
- Phone: (02) 9698 2607
The Old Clare
- Address: 1 Kensington St, Chippendale NSW 2008
- Phone: (02) 8277 8277
Mary’s On Top
- Address: 2-6 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Royal Hotel Paddington
- Address: 237 Glenmore Rd, Paddington NSW 2021
- Phone: (02) 9331 2604
The Light Brigade
- Address: Oxford St &, Jersey Rd, Woollahra NSW 2025
- Phone: (02) 9357 0888
- Address: 116 Queen St, Woollahra NSW 2025
- Phone: (02) 9327 9777
InterContinental Sydney Double Bay
- Address: 33 Cross St, Double Bay NSW 2028
- Phone: (02) 8388 8388
Royal Oak Hotel Double Bay
- Address: 28 Bay St, Double Bay NSW 2028
- Phone: (02) 9363 3935
The Golden Sheaf
- Address: 429 New South Head Rd, Double Bay NSW 2026
- Phone: (02) 9327 5877
- Address: 1 Notts Ave, Bondi Beach NSW 2026
- Phone: (02) 9130 3120
- Address: 169 Dolphin St, Coogee NSW 2034
- Phone: (02) 9114 7321
- Address: 323 King St, Newtown NSW 2042
- Phone: (02) 9137 9796
- Address: 153A King St, Newtown NSW 2042
- Phone: 0424 781 883
- Address: Lvl 4/400 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo NSW 2000
- Phone: (02) 8322 2099
- Address: Level 2/35 Barangaroo Ave, Barangaroo NSW 2000
- Phone: (02) 8587 5400
Cafe del Mar Sydney
- Address: 35 Wheat Rd, Darling Harbour NSW 2000
- Phone: (02) 9267 6700
Watsons Bay Hotel
- Address: 1 Military Rd, Watsons Bay NSW 2030
- Phone: (02) 9337 5444
- Also Known As: The Rooftop
- Address: 214-216 Harris St, Pyrmont NSW 2009
- Phone: (02) 9660 0560
- Address: Rooftop, Level 10/100 Miller St, North Sydney NSW 2060
- Phone: (02) 8904 9108
- Address: 1 Young St, Neutral Bay NSW 2089
- Phone: (02) 9904 5691
The Bridgeview Hotel
- Address: 580 Willoughby Rd, Willoughby NSW 2068
- Phone: (02) 8587 5300
New Brighton Hotel
- Address: 71 The Corso, Manly NSW 2095
- Phone: (02) 9977 3305
- Also Known As: The Glasshouse
- Address: 75 The Corso, Manly NSW 2095
- Phone: (02) 9977 4977
The Ivanhoe Hotel
- Address: 27 The Corso, Manly NSW 2095
- Phone: (02) 9976 3955